Lorne Milne's Blade Blog
Wanting to improve your posture after too much computer time? Bored with aerobics & wanting to get outdoors? Too many aches in your joints from jogging? Looking for a cheaper activity than a gym membership? Boot camp just ain’t your thing? Interested in cross training after a day of Inline Skating? Then Nordic Walking is the fun activity that you should try! Plan your Urban Safari now!
This form of Urban walking is big in Europe & now is the newest recreational activity taking off in North America. Nordic Walk Poles look similar to Trekking Poles (used by off-road hikers & climbers) but are amazing light, shock-absorbent devices! Using unique technique (similar to Inline Skating Arm Swings & Downhill Skiing Pole set-down’ skills) anyone (regardless of age or fitness level) can learn how to:
• Burn up to 40% more calories during your walk
• Pump up your cardio & oxygen consumption up to 25%
• Reduce stress to your knees & lower joints
• Increase your stride length & improve your posture
• Reduce heel strike force by up to 26%
• Strengthen your upper body & build better bone density
• Adapt distance & intensity to weather, terrain, & your physical condition
• Have a time efficient, low-stress, total body workout
Lorne Milne ( Leki Nordic Walking Trained Instructor & Team Trainer; Outdoor Sports Instruction specialist with 20 certifications/accreditations) provides group/ personal instruction/coaching. Leki Nordic Poles rentals provided free with class).