Lessons & Skills Taught
Many people in British Columbia have some Ice Skating or Snow Skiing experience and will take to Roller Skating and Inline Skating very quickly!
However, despite great similarities, there are significant differences in stopping and balancing that must be learned in order to adapt your skills for skating outdoors.
With Lorn Milne as your inline skating/roller skating teacher, you will learn basic inline skating/roller skating skills in a safe, flat area, in a private, semi-private or small group lesson. Then learn how to skate slight grades, rough surfaces, and pathways before you venture out to the Seawalls, Stanley Park, or Seymour Forest. Note: Even Stanley Park has 4 significant hills so make sure you’ve developed your braking and hill skills before you venture there!
Lorne’s ‘Zen of Skating’ teaching method guides students to:
- Expand their Balance Skills & their Perception Skills for each movement
- Increase their Confidence & Comfort Level
- Focus on ‘Rapid Learning Acquisition’
- Deal with undulations & other changes in outside surfaces (Pathways are not perfectly smooth like rinks)
- Move to the point where blading becomes 2nd nature and they experience the ‘Zen of Blading’
- Steadily increase their fitness
- Roller Skate/Inline Skate for transportation & recreation!
Lorne uses the most current safety techniques and instructional methods for ‘Fun, Positive, and Success-Based Learning’